Extreme Guide to Parenting is a reality TV series that ran on Bravo in 2014. The series features different households with alternative styles of raising their children. The series was a departure from Bravo’s typical programming style of housewives, cooking, design, and fashion.
During the series, the viewing audience is introduced to somewhat bizarre parenting styles. Styles include strange labels such as conscious attachment, helicopter, hypnosis, and push-parenting. Of course, each parent thinks their particular style of raising a child is the best method. The response to the series was mixed and the series was not renewed for a second season.
List of Extreme Guide to Parenting Episodes
The show ran for a total of one season and six episodes. Each episode was 19 to 22 minutes in length. Bravo did not renew the series for another season.
- S1 E1 – The Indigo Child & the Coddled Toddler – In the first episode, the Adler family believes in a natural approach to parenting. The Masterson-Horns believe in being very involved in their child’s life.
- S1 E2 – The Wanderers – Next, Wendy and Tyler decide to give up their life on the road and find a place to call home.
- S1 Episode 3 – The Smartest, Most Handsome, Best Kid Ever – Later, Marisa pushes her child, Austen, to be the best at everything. Her husband Austen disagrees with her extreme method of parenting.
- S1 Episode 4 – The Highly Disciplined Warriors & The Total Package – First, Jen and Troi train their kids as warriors. Later, Darlene works extra hard to make sure her kids are perfect in every way.
- S1 Episode 5 – The Mind Controller & The Body Positive Baby – Artsy Madison wants her two-year-old daughter to know everything about sexuality. James, her partner, thinks she’s going way too far. Later, Lisa hypnotizes her kids, but it causes problems long-term.
- S1 Episode 6 – The Everything-on-Demand Baby – In the final episode, Christian and Nate believe that they should be everything to their child. Christian is a non-vaxer who breastfeeds at any time. She tries to decide whether to intentionally expose her daughter to chickenpox.
Punched In The Head Productions produced the series and Amelia D’Entrone, Craig D’Entrone, and Lauren Lazin are the executive producers.
Facts and Trivia
Following is a list of little-known facts and trivia about the show and its cast members.
- We’re still compiling facts and trivia for this show.
Questions and Comments
If you have any questions, comments, or feedback about Extreme Guide to Parenting, please post a message below. How do you feel about the parenting techniques introduced on the show? Are they sensible, or are the parents just plain crazy? Let us know your thoughts.
Check out other Bravo reality TV shows. For more information, visit the official website on Bravo.