LA Shrinks is a reality TV program that ran on the Bravo network in 2013. The show follows the personal and professional lives of three “high-end” shrinks who work in Los Angeles, California. The show provides a glimpse into the world of high-end therapy sessions and how the doctors help their patients. At the same time, it highlights the issues they are having in their own life, which makes us realize that even therapists don’t have all the answers. Unfortunately, the show was canceled after a single season.
Following is a list of the primary cast members for the show.
- Eris Huemer, a marriage and family therapist who faces issues in her own marriage
- Gregory Casona, psychologist specializing in cognitive therapy
- Dr. Venus Nicolino, Ph.D., a life consultant, and mother of four boys
List of Episodes
LA Shrinks aired for one season with a total of 8 episodes. Each episode was 42 to 43 minutes in length. The episodes are available to stream online via Amazon Video.
- Episode 1 – Sexual Healing – The therapists have clients who are having trouble in the bedroom.
- Episode 2 – Fear and Loving in Los Angeles – First, Dr. V listens to a recording of her clients in the bedroom. At the same time, she deals with the pressure of running her own business with four children to care for. Dr. Eris tries to coach her client to not be so controlling. In her personal life, she experiments with tantric sex. Dr. Greg takes his client on a drive and is surprised by her behavior. Later he has lunch with his father.
- Episode 3 – Carry the Weight – Dr. helps a couple with their sex life. Next, she meets with two twin brothers who have different sexual preferences. Next, Dr. Greg meets with a new client who doesn’t like anyone who is overweight. Dr. Eris has a breakdown during a therapy session.
- Episode 4 – The Naked Truth – Dr. Eris helps a plastic surgeon deal with difficult news. In another session, her client Kimberly walks out of a session with her husband. Dr. V gives her clients Georgia and Michael a few gifts to help their relationship. Next, she takes the twin brothers (from the previous episode) to a gay nightclub. Later, Dr. Greg continues to work with his client who struggles with accepting overweight people.
- Episode 5 – Under My Skin – Dr. Eris helps Kimberly and Neil after a big breakdown. Later, she gets a new client (a Playboy bunny) who is having trouble meeting the right kind of men. Next, Greg takes his client Chris to a “fat camp.” Dr. V begins to worry if her breast implants give the wrong impression. Meanwhile, she gets a new client who is addicted to online dating.
- Episode 6 – Family Affairs – Dr. Eris meets with her Playboy bunny client, who shows us in a pair of ridiculous PJs. Next, she asks her husband if he is willing to see a fertility doctor. Dr. V talks to one of her friends about her frustrating client. Later, she tells Shane that he is not being realistic. Finally, Dr. Greg has an emotional therapy session with his father.
- Episode 7 – Swimming Up Stream – Dr. Eris and Claton meet with their fertility doc. Next, she finds out that her air-headed Playboy client is now engaged to someone. Then, Dr. V sets her client up on a few dates so she can watch him in action. Later, she sees a surgeon about possibly removing her implants.
- Episode 8 – Final Thoughts – Dr. V and Matthew go on a romantic getaway to Palm Springs. However, they worry about their father’s babysitting skills. Dr. Eris and Clayton make a big announcement at a family party. Dr. Greg receives bad news right before the wedding.
Production Company and Executive Producers
Intuitive Entertainment produced the show. The executive producers include Elise Duran, Kevin Dill, and Mechelle Collins.
Critical Response and Awards
- LA Shrinks was not nominated for any awards.
- The series received 6.7 out of 10 stars on IMDB
- The series received 3.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon Video
Facts and Trivia
The following is a list of little-known facts and trivia about the show and its cast members.
- We’re still gathering facts and trivia about the series. If you have any to share, please post below.
Questions and Comments
If you have any questions, comments or feedback about the LA Shrinks series, please post a message below. Also, check out other Bravo TV series.