Overview of the Around the World in 80 Plates Bravo TV Series
“Around The World In 80 Plates” is a reality TV series on Bravo that is focused on culinary competitions. The show follows a group of chefs who compete in cooking competitions during a 40-day trip through ten countries. The race includes stops in Argentina, China, England, France, Italy, Morocco, Spain, Thailand, Uruguay, and the United States.
List of Cast Members
Following is a list of the primary cast members for the show.
- Curtis Stone (Host) – Curtis Stone is a renowned Australian chef and television personality. With a warm and approachable style, he gained fame through various culinary shows like “Take Home Chef” and “Top Chef Masters.” Stone’s culinary expertise and passion for fresh, seasonal ingredients have earned him a stellar reputation in the gastronomic world. He also owns and operates successful restaurants, showcasing his innovative and flavorful dishes.
- Cat Cora (Host) – Cat Cora is a prominent American chef, author, and TV personality. She was among the first female Iron Chefs on “Iron Chef America.” With Greek-American heritage, Cora’s cooking often incorporates Mediterranean influences and is celebrated for her creative fusion of flavors and techniques. She has become an inspiring figure in the culinary world through her culinary endeavors and philanthropic work.
- Clara Moore (St. Louis, Missouri)
- Sai Pituk (El Paso, Texas)
- Keven “Cheven” Lee (Chatsworth, California)
- Chaz Brown (Voorhees, New Jersey)
- Gary Walker (Detroit, Michigan)
- Nick Lacasse (Burlington, Vermont)
- Jenna Johansen (Boulder, Colorado)
- Nicole Lou (San Jose, California)
- John Vermiglio (Clinton Township, Michigan )
- Steve “Nookie” Postal (Cambridge, Massachusetts)
- Liz Garrett (Los Angeles, California) Runner-up
- Avery Pursell (Los Angeles, California) Winner / Fan Favorite
List of Episodes
Around the World in 80 Plates ran for one season and included ten episodes.
- Episode 1: London Calling – The first episode starts in London, England. The chefs race in a pub crawl to win the Exceptional Ingredient. The task becomes challenging when one team gets lost along the way. Next, the cooking teams go to Gastropubs and serve authentic British meals. Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson joins to help choose the favorite.
- Episode 2: Forget Paris –
- Episode 3: Something Smells Fishy –
- Episode 4: In and Out of Africa –
- Episode 5: A Tale of Two Villas –
- Episode 6: Ciao Down –
- Episode 7: Thai Breaker –
- Episode 8: Feeding the Demon –
- Episode 9: Cry for Me Argentina –
- Episode 10: A Winner Comes Home –
The executive producers of the show are Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz.
Magical Elves Productions is the production company.
The show is filmed in Argentina, China, England, France, Italy, Morocco, Spain, Thailand, Uruguay, and the United States.
Facts and Trivia
Following is a list of little-known facts and trivia about the show and its cast members.
- The show’s opening theme is composed by Robert ToTeras
Questions & Comments
If you have any questions, comments or feedback about Around the World in 80 Plates, please post a message below. Also, check out other Bravo Cooking shows.