Series Overview: Stripped
Bravo’s “Stripped” challenges the conventional notions of reality TV by putting participants in an unexpected experiment—living without their possessions. Premiering in 2017, this unique series takes a daring approach, compelling individuals to surrender all their belongings for 21 days, leaving them with only essential items crucial for daily survival.
The Concept: Stripping Away Excess
“Stripped” stands out in Bravo’s lineup with its minimalist premise. Participants from diverse backgrounds face the daunting task of navigating their lives without the comfort and security of material possessions. The show’s concept aims to explore the impact of consumer culture and the emotional attachment people have to their belongings.
The Experiment Unfolds: A 21-Day Journey
The participants embark on a 21-day journey, living in an empty apartment stripped of all their belongings. Each day, they can reclaim one item of their choice, forcing them to prioritize and reconsider the importance of material possessions. The series captures the emotional highs and lows as individuals grapple with the unexpected challenges of minimalism.
Navigating Emotional Turbulence
“Stripped” isn’t just about decluttering; it’s a psychological experiment that delves into the emotional impact of letting go. Viewers witness the participants’ struggles, triumphs, and moments of self-discovery as they confront the emotional attachments tied to their possessions. The series raises thought-provoking questions about consumerism, identity, and the true necessities of life.
Hosted by Sexologist and Relationship Expert
The hosting presence of sexologist and relationship expert Dr. Michael Dow adds an intriguing layer to the show. His insights contribute to the psychological and emotional exploration of the participants’ experiences, offering a unique perspective on the intersections of materialism and personal well-being.
“Stripped” enters the conversation about minimalism, a lifestyle that has gained traction in response to the overwhelming materialism of contemporary society. The series captures the challenges and rewards of embracing a more simplified existence, providing a lens through which viewers can reflect on their relationships with possessions and the pursuit of a more intentional life.
List of Episodes
The first season of the groundbreaking show consists of eight episodes that are approximately 43 minutes long. All of the episodes are available to watch online via Amazon Video.
- E1 – Ali & Justin – Married couple Ali and Justin have more than 10,000 items in their home. They hope the experience of living without their possessions for 21 days will help them understand what’s important.
- E2 – Farah, Beth & Isabel – Three best friends living in Hollywood choose to give up their worldly possessions. They hope the experience will bring them closer together.
- E3 – Ariana & Ryan – Ariana is a fitness model, and her boyfriend Ryan is a school teacher. Their relationship is tested when they have to decide what is most important.
- E4 – Autianna & Jaseena – Two single sisters, Autianna and Jaseena are two sisters who live together. However, neither sister does a good job of managing their money. After they get “stripped,” they must reassess where they are. But, it remains to be seen if the experience will make them more responsible.
- E5 – Rai & Patty – In this episode, we meet a newly married couple, Rai and Patty. The two learn very different lessons from the experience.
- Episode 6 – Russ & Ariel – Two single men, one recently divorced, learn to cope with their new reality. Being stripped of their possession, the two have to learn how to live together. Will they emerge as new people?
- Episode 7 – Brian & Jason –
- Episode 8 – Richie Skye
Watch the Official Trailer for “Stripped”
Critical Response and Awards
The series has a rating of 5.3 out of 10 stars on IMDB and 3 out of 5 stars on Amazon Video.
“Stripped” had a brief run, concluding in 2017, but its impact lingers. The series left an impression on audiences by pushing the boundaries of reality TV, showcasing a social experiment that challenges societal norms and encourages viewers to contemplate the role possessions play in their lives.
“Stripped” is Bravo’s bold foray into the unconventional, offering viewers a thought-provoking exploration of consumerism, attachment, and the quest for a simpler life. By challenging participants to live stripped down to the essentials, the series sparks conversations about what truly matters in a world often defined by excess. “Stripped” remains a testament to Bravo’s commitment to innovative and impactful storytelling within the reality TV genre.
Visit the Bravo Official Website for the Stripped series to learn more about the show.
Questions & Comments
If you have any questions, comments, or feedback about the Stripped series, please post below.