Series Overview: Stripped
Stripped is a reality TV series that aired on the Bravo TV network. The series follows a variety of people who are stripped of their possessions for 21 days. Each episode highlights a different household.
The series exposes personal insecurities, addictions to social media, and dependence on material goods and personal possessions. We get to watch the psychological and physical effects of the change.
Each day, participants get to retrieve one personal item from storage, which is rather interesting to watch. The participants actually have to walk several blocks in the nude (or at least partially covered) to their storage locker. Some participants choose shoes, while others choose a toothbrush or underwear.
Every one of the people who go through the process undergoes an obvious change at the end of the 21 day period. Some realize the importance of personal relationships, while others realize how overly addicted they have been to social media.
List of Episodes
The first season of the groundbreaking show consists of eight episodes that are approximately 43 minutes long. All of the episodes are available to watch online via Amazon Video.
- E1 – Ali & Justin – Married couple Ali and Justin have more than 10,000 items in their home. The hope the experience of living without their possessions for 21 days will help them understand what’s really important.
- E2 – Farah, Beth & Isabel – Three best friends living in Hollywood choose to give up their worldly possessions. They hope the experience will bring them closer together.
- E3 – Ariana & Ryan – Ariana is a fitness model and her boyfriend Ryan is a school teacher. Their relationship is put to the test when they have to decide what is most important.
- E4 – Autianna & Jaseena – Two single sisters, Autianna and Jaseena are two sisters who live together. However, neither sister does a good job of managing their money. After they get “stripped” they have to reassess where they are in life? But, it remains to be seen if the experience will make them more responsible.
- E5 – Rai & Patty – In this episode, we meet a newly married couple, Rai and Patty. The two learn very different lessons from the experience.
- Episode 6 – Russ & Ariel – Two single men, one recently divorced, learn to cope with their new reality. Being stripped of their possession, the two have to learn how to live together. Will they emerge as new people?
- Episode 7 – Brian & Jason –
- Episode 8 – Richie Skye
Watch the Official Trailer for “Stripped”
Critical Response and Awards
The series has a rating of 5.3 out of 10 stars on IMDB and 3 out of 5 stars on Amazon Video.
Visit the Bravo Official Website for the Stripped series to learn more about the show.
Questions & Comments
If you have any questions, comments, or feedback about the Stripped series, please post a message below.