“Online Dating Rituals of the American Male” is a reality television series aired on Bravo TV from 2014 to 2014. The show provided a unique and often humorous look into online dating from the male perspective. Each episode featured two different men and followed their experiences as they navigated the complexities of online dating.
The series aimed to explore various aspects of the online dating scene, including different approaches to creating profiles, initial interactions with potential matches, first dates, and the challenges of maintaining relationships in the digital age. It also delved into the different strategies and tactics employed by the featured men to attract and connect with potential partners.
Throughout the show, viewers got a glimpse into the lives of the men, their motivations for seeking romance online, and their experiences with various dating platforms. The series provided a mix of entertainment and insight into the evolving landscape of modern dating, shedding light on both the successes and pitfalls that can come with online matchmaking.
“Online Dating Rituals of the American Male” offered a candid and often entertaining portrayal of the trials and tribulations many individuals face when looking for love in the digital realm. It provided a platform for viewers to reflect on the challenges of modern dating while also offering a lighthearted and entertaining viewing experience.
Production Company and Executive Producers
The Online Dating Rituals of the American Male series is produced by Magical Elves Productions for Bravo TV. The executive producers are Dan Cutforth, Jane Lipsitz, Jeff Gaspin, and Mandy Salangsang.
List of Online Dating Rituals of the American Male Episodes
The series ran for one season with a total of six episodes. Each episode is 42 minutes long. All of the episodes are available to watch online via Amazon Video.
The first season had a total of six episodes.
- E1 – Marcus and Alex – Marcus is a recently divorced 36-year-old who is looking for help with getting over his previous relationship. Alex is a 27-year-old who is just looking for a one-night stand. However, he meets someone he actually likes and wants to continue dating.
- E2 – Alex and Ephraim – Brian, 33, approaches online dating like a game that is only about the numbers. Ephraim, 33, has a lot of weight on his shoulders as he tries to find love while being a single father and caring for his son and his own father.
- Episode 3 – Matt and Jason – Jason, 33, is looking for romance. Matt, 27, uses online dating while traveling.
- Episode 4 – Travis and Davey – Travis, 36, is a virgin who is using online dating to find a wife. Davey, 30, is an online dating veteran who is finally looking to settle down.
- Episode 5 – Grant and J. Keith – Grant, 33, is a surgeon, who is searching for the perfect woman with whom to start a family. J. Keith, 42, is a comedian who uses his sense of humor to attract women.
- Episode 6 – Scott and Adey – Scott is a 37-year-old paramedic who isn’t sure he wants to marry his longtime girlfriend, so he tries online dating. Adey, 38, is looking for love.
Critical Response and Awards
The series received a lukewarm response from viewers. As a result, Bravo canceled the series after just one season. It was generally considered to be a show that was behind the times, as online dating had been around for 10 years prior to the show.
- The series is rated 5.7 out of 10 stars on IMDB
- Amazon Video viewers give the series 3.5 out of 5 stars
Facts and Trivia
Following is a list of little-known facts and trivia about the show and its cast members.
- Bravo create an app specifically for the show called Tryst for the men to use. Sway Network created the Tryst app for Bravo.
More Information, Questions & Comments
For more information, check out the show’s Wikipedia page.
If you have any questions, comments, or feedback about the series, please post a message below. Also, check out the other Bravo Dating Series.