Online Dating Rituals of the American Male was a reality TV series on the Bravo TV network in 2014. The series follows a group of men as they meet and date women they met via the internet. Each week, the show follows two different men who use online dating to find short and long term relationships. The show highlights the difference between men who are looking for love and those who are just looking to score.
Production Company and Executive Producers
The Online Dating Rituals of the American Male series is produced by Magical Elves Productions for Bravo TV. The executive producers are Dan Cutforth, Jane Lipsitz, Jeff Gaspin and Mandy Salangsang.
List of Online Dating Rituals of the American Male Episodes
The series ran for one season with a total of six episodes. Each episode is 42 minutes long. All of the episodes are available to watch online via Amazon Video.
The first season had a total of six episodes.
- E1 – Marcus and Alex – Marcus is a recently divorced 36-year-old who is looking for help with getting over his previous relationship. Alex is a 27-year-old who is just looking for a one-night stand. However, he meets someone he actually likes and wants to continue dating.
- Episode 2 – Alex and Ephraim – Brian, 33, approaches online dating like a game that is only about the numbers. Ephraim, 33, has a lot of weight on his shoulders as he tries to find love while being a single father and caring for his son and his own father.
- Episode 3 – Matt and Jason – Jason, 33, is looking for romance. Matt, 27, uses online dating while traveling.
- Episode 4 – Travis and Davey – Travis, 36, is a virgin who is using online dating to find a wife. Davey, 30, is an online dating veteran who is finally looking to settle down.
- Episode 5 – Grant and J. Keith – Grant, 33, is a surgeon, who is searching for the perfect woman with whom to start a family. J. Keith, 42, is a comedian who uses his sense of humor to attract women.
- Episode 6 – Scott and Adey – Scott is a 37-year-old paramedic who isn’t sure he wants to marry his longtime girlfriend, so he tries online dating. Adey, 38, is looking for love.
Critical Response and Awards
The series received a lukewarm response from viewers and Bravo canceled the series after just one season. It was generally considered to be a show that was behind the times, as online dating had been around for 10 years prior to the show.
- The series is rated 5.7 out of 10 stars on IMDB
- Amazon Video viewers give the series 3.5 out of 5 stars
Facts and Trivia
Following is a list of little-known facts and trivia about the show and its cast members.
- Bravo create an app specifically for the show called Tryst for the men to use. Sway Network created the Tryst app for Bravo.
More Information, Questions & Comments
For more information, check out the show’s Wikipedia page.
If you have any questions, comments, or feedback about the series, please post a message below. Also, check out other Bravo Dating Series.