Tim Gunn’s Guide to Style is a reality TV series aired on Bravo in 2007. Tim Gunn and Veronica Web host the series of episodes.
In each episode, Tim and Veronica work with someone who is in desperate need of a style makeover. Tim uses his counseling skills, expert fashion sense, and a set of “fashion rules.” Tim and Veronica look at their subject’s closet and usually discard the majority of what they find. Then, they use fashion software to design different looks. Then, the guest goes on a shopping spree to purchase ten essential items.
The guest meets with fashion designers, runway coaches, hairdressers, and more to get advice. As is typical with fashion makeover shows, the show ends with a big reveal of what the subject looks like in their new style.
Production Company and Executive Producers
Tim Gunn’s Guide to Style is produced by Stone & Company Entertainment for Bravo. Scott A. Stone and Sarah-Jane Cohen are executive producers. Karen Kunkel Young is the co-executive producer.
Following is a list of the primary cast members for the show.
- Tim Gunn
- Veronica Webb
List of Episodes
Tim Gunn’s Guide to Style ran for two seasons and 16 episodes. All episodes are available to stream on Amazon.com.
- S1 E1 – Rebecca Pennino – In the first episode, Tim Gunn helps Rebecca deal with her fear of dressing like an adult. Tim brings Veronica Webb to help her learn how to buy the right clothes. Along the way, they help Rebecca feel more confident and secure.
- S1 E2 – JeAnne Swinley – JeAnne doesn’t know how to shop for herself, much less how to dress. Tim and Veronica Webb are here to lend a hand. Gunn introduces her to his “essential shopping list,” which includes ten basic pieces. However, JeAnne still struggles with being comfortable with herself.
- S1 E3 – Nicole Appelman – Tim and Veronica help Nicole, a new wife, and mom, to find her inner fashion sense. They teach her how to be a hot mom.
- S1 E4 – Stephanie – In this episode, Tim helps Stephanie, a pediatrician who dresses a little too much like a doctor. He helps her create a look to fit her body frame and accomplish an air of sophistication.
- S1 E6 – Elena – Elena is a mom who finds it hard to let go of her college look. Gunn and Webb help her with a more mature still with a hint of youthfulness.
- S1 E7 – Gina – Gina is a retired police officer who needs to prepare for an upcoming wedding. She wants to find a glamorous look. Time and Veronica help her build a wardrobe with ten essential items.
- S1 E8 – Lori – Lori lost confidence in her looks after a severe injury. Gunn and Webb help her prepare for her wedding day with a series of vibrant new looks.
- S1 E9 – Karen – Karen is worried about getting old. Tim and Veronica help her prepare her age-appropriate style for a meeting with more than 200 people. First, they give her advice on how to shop for clothes. Then, they explain how to find clothes that fit her particular body.
In the second season, Tim Gunn gets a new co-host, Gretta Monahan. Gretta is a fashion expert and stylist and owns Grettacole Spas and Salons and Gretta Luxe Boutiques.
- E1 – Season 2 Premiere –
- E2 – Angela –
- S2 E3 – Ali –
- S2 E4 – Caroline –
- S2 E5 – Diana –
- S2 E6 – Eliza –
- E7 – Ariana –
- E8 – Erica –
Critical Response and Awards
- The series has a good rating of 6.8 out of 10 stars on IMDB and 7.3 out of 10 on TV.com.
- The series has 4 out of 5 stars on Amazon Video.
For more information, visit the Official Website for the series. Also, check out our reviews of other Bravo Fashion Series.
Questions & Comments
Please post a message below if you have any questions, comments, or feedback about the series.