Series Overview: 9 By Design
9 By Design is an American reality television series on Bravo. The show originally premiered on April 13, 2010, and ran for one season with a total of eight episodes. The show follows the lives of Robert Novogratz and Cortney Novogratz.
The married couple work as a design team who focus on redeveloping and redesigning properties in New York. Many of the projects are large-scale production projects. Generally, their approach is to purchase a run-down property, renovate it, live in it for a while, sell it, and then move on to the next property. The show focuses on how the couple manages large-scale projects and a large family, somehow making it all work.
What makes them “9 by Design”, is that the couple has seven children, including two sets of twins (Wolfgang, Bellamy, Tallulah, Breaker, Five and Holleder). At the end of the show, Cortney goes into labor with the seventh child, named Major. Hey, with seven children, you have to get creative with the names.
Following is a list of the primary cast members for the show. Click on the cast member name for more detailed information.
- Cortney Novogratz
- Robert Novogratz
List of Episodes
Following is a list of episodes for Season 1 of 9 By Design, which was the only season. Watch it now on Amazon.
- S1 E1 – This Old House – Cortney and Robert are working to finish construction on a new home in Manhattan. The couple decides to lease out their current home, but the new house isn’t quite ready. So, they have to do a short term lease for a few months. Sounds like a simple task, unless you have a family of eight and a baby on the way. Finding a temporary space proves to be challenging due to differing preferences.
- E2 – The Wild, Wild West Village
- E3 – Major Work Out
- E4 – Weekend in the Hamptons
- E5 – With Benefits
- E6 – London Calling
- E7 – Down at the Jersey Shore
- E8 – Selling Point
Watch a preview:
Executive Producers / Studio Information
The show is produced by The Left-Right Productions. Ken Druckerman and Banks Tarver are the show’s executive producers.
The show was filmed in various locations throughout New York City, New York, and the surrounding area. Locations examples include Manhattan, the Hamptons, Jersey Shore, and more.
We weren’t able to find any information on the show’s theme song.
Facts and Trivia
Following is a list of little-known facts and trivia about the show and its cast members.
- The show, 9 By Design was originally titled “Design Sixx”. The name is from the couple’s business, which is Sixx Design.
- The couple has two sets of twins, Bellamy and Tallulah, and Five and Holleder
If you have any questions or comments about 9 By Design, please post a message below. Also, check out other Bravo TV shows.
Watch Bravo TV on Hulu
Love Watching Bravo TV Shows? If you love watching Bravo as much as I do, sign up on Hulu and get the first 2 weeks FREE! Hulu has plans that start at just $7.99 after the first two weeks. Terms apply. Learn More