First Family of Hip Hop is a reality TV series that premiered that ran on Bravo in 2017. The show follows the life of the family of the late Sylvia Robinson. The Robinson’s rose to fame in the 1970’s when they first put rap on the map with the famed Sugarhill Records, becoming a cultural phenomenon and changing the face of music forever.
Now with a new generation rising up, brothers, sisters, and cousins are all jostling for a position to gain control of the famed label and to breathe new life into the Sugarhill legacy.
Left/Right and Mad Fusion produced the First Family of Hip Hop series. Anneka Jones, Ashley M. Buie, Banks Tarver, Danielle Medina, and Ken Druckerman served as executive producers.
Following is a list of the primary cast members for the First Family of Hip Hop show. Click on the cast member name for more detailed information.
- Leland Robinson, Sr.
- Leland Robinson, Jr.
- Rhondo Robinson, Jr.
- Darnell Robinson
- LeA Robinson
- Antonio Jordan
- Eseni Ellington
- Shanell “Lady Luck” Jones
- Somaya Reece
List of Episodes
The First Family of Hip Hop series ran for one season with a total of eight episodes. Each episode was approximately 42 minutes in length.
- E1 – The Empire Strikes Back – In the first episode, the family is having trouble getting along. Of course, Leland wants to sit back and collect the checks. However, the younger family members are focused on making it big on their own. Later, LeA has some trouble scheduling her birthday party. Then, Darnell’s girlfriend thinks he’s spending a little too much time with a hot new artist.
- E2 – Episode 102 – Next, Leland runs into trouble as he attempts to establish dominance. Later, Darnell ends up in the hospital. Then, LeA gets the family together for a cookout.
- E3 – Step Up or Shut Up – First, Rhondo has a chat with rapper Raekwon. Their talk motivates him to prove that he is the true heir to the Sugarhill dynasty. Later, Darnell runs into more trouble and finds himself getting booted from the office. Then, LeA and Lady Luck get into a shouting match. Next, a variety of legal challenges.
- E4 – Who’s Got Game? –
- E5 – Hostile Takeover
- E6 – Papa Said Knock It Off
- E7 – Face the Music
- E8 – Passing the Torch
Facts and Trivia
Following is a list of little-known facts and trivia about the show and its cast members.
- We’re still working on collecting trivia for this show. If you have some, please post a comment below.
Questions and Comments
If you have any questions, comments or feedback about the First Family of Hip Hop series, please post a message below.