Launch My Line was a reality TV competition series on Bravo in 2009. The series features ten well-known fashion professionals who compete for an opportunity to launch their fashion line. On the show, each contestant gets paired with a professional designer. The designer who helps the winning contestant gets a $50,000 prize.
Production Company and Executive Producers
Lake Paradise Entertainment was the production company for Launch My Line. Holly M. Wofford and Vittoria Cacciatore were the executive producers.
Following is a list of the primary cast members for the show.
- Dean Caten, Host
- Dan Caten, Host
- Stefani Greenfield, Judge
- Lisa Kline, Judge
List of Contestants
- Dan Karaty, a choreographer, worked with Susan Brunet on his Urban Street Wear line. Dan was eliminated in week one of the competition.
- David Applebaum, an architect, worked with Julie on his Structured Casual Wear line. David was eliminated in week two of the competition.
- Eric Cubeechee, a DJ, worked with Galina Sobolev Sexy Club Wear Eliminated Week 8
- Kathy Rose, a Jewelry Designer, worked with Emil on an Elegant Contemporary Wear line. Kathy won the competition.
- Kevin Black is a music executive who worked with Akiko Cook on an Urban Cocktail Wear line. He was eliminated in the third week of the competition.
- Louanna Rawls, a wardrobe stylist partners with Jim on a Chic Classic Wear. Louanna was eliminated in week 7.
- Marilyn Crawford, a Chief Executive Officer (CEO), worked with Coco Kliks on her Lilly Remarkable Elegant Business Wear line. She was eliminated in the fifth week.
- Merle Ginsberg, a Fashion Critic, partnered with Thai on a Chic Convertible Wear line but was eliminated from the competition in week eight.
- Patrick MacDonald, a fashion writer, worked with Roberto Devillacis on Couture Wear. He was eliminated in the sixth week of the competition.
- As an event director, Vanessa Gonzalez worked with Tressa on a Bold Party Wear. She was eliminated in the fourth week of the competition.
List of “Launch My Line” Episodes
The show ran for one season with a total of eight episodes. Each episode was 42 minutes long. The show is available to stream now on Amazon.com.
The first season of Launch My Line has nine episodes.
- E1 – What’s My Line – In the first episode of the season, ten well-known professionals are each paired with a fashion expert. Their goal is to develop a fashion line.
- E2 – Fashion Forward – The designers travel to Venice Beach, California, to find inspiration for a colorful summer look. However, the pressure may prove too significant for one of the teams.
- E3 – Walk on the Wild Side – In the next challenge, contestants must draw design inspiration from exotic animals.
- E4 – Bare Minimum – The fashion design teams next travel to an art gallery to get ideas for luxurious evening wear.
- E5 – Wild Card – Surprise, Lady Gaga makes a guest appearance.
- E6 – Stressed Out – The teams are challenged to make distressed garments based on inspiration from their competitors.
- E7 – I Want, I Need – Contestants must create a suit with interchangeable pieces.
- E8 – Finale: Part I
- E9 – Finale Part 2
Critical Response and Awards
- Launch My Line wasn’t nominated for any awards.
- The series received a rating of 5.7 out of 10 stars on IMDB
- The series received a rating of 6.9 out of 10 stars on TV.com
Facts and Trivia
Following is a list of little-known facts and trivia about the show and its cast members.
- We’re still compiling trivia for Launch My Line.
Questions and Comments
Please post below if you have any questions, comments, or feedback about the Launch My Line series. If you’d like to learn more about the show, please visit the Launch My Line official website or the show’s Wikipedia page.
If you love fashion, see other Bravo Fashion series.