NYC Prep is a reality TV series that ran on Bravo TV in 2009. The series follows the daily life of six “elite” teenagers in New York City as they attend parties, fashion shows, and events.
One of the more engaging aspects of the show is it reveals that rich kids have problems too. Sure, they attend expensive prep schools and get everything they want from their parents. But, just like kids in other schools, they deal with the challenges of growing up and dealing with social pressures. This show gives a behind-the-scenes look at the challenges they face.
List of NYC Prep Cast Members
Following is a list of the primary cast members for the show.
- Camille Isobel Hughes – A student at the Professional Children’s School.
- Jessica Leavitt – Attended the Dwight School.
- Kelli Brooke Tomashoff – A student at the Birch Wathen Lenox School
- Sebastian Oppenheim – A student at Ross School, a private school in East Hampton, New York.
- Taylor DiGiovanni – Taylor attended Stuyvesant High School and City-As-School in New York City.
- Peter Cary Peterson – Peter attended the Dwight School.
List of NYC Prep Episodes
The series ran for just a single season with a total of nine episodes. Each episode is 41 minutes in length. All of the episodes are available to stream online via Amazon Video.
- E1 – Top Half of 1% – In the first episode, PC and Jessie make it known that they rule the school. Later, Jessie questions whether she really wants to be with PC, but she still gets jealous when he shows interest in other girls. Then, we’re introduced to Camille, a prep-school junior who is obsessed with getting into Harvard. Meanwhile, Kelli has her own NYC apartment, even though she’s just a junior. She ends up falling for Sebastian, but she’ll have to compete to win his heart.
- E2 – Flip of the Hair – First, Jessie’s friend has a party to celebrate her 18th birthday and everyone is going. However, PC decides to go on a blind date instead. Later, Sebastian works on two girls at the same time, but will either one work out? Then, one of the girl’s exes shows up and gives him some competition.
- E3 – What Happens in Mexico – Fast forward to winter break – Jessie heads to Florida while PC parties hard in Mexico. Meanwhile, Kelli heads to the Hamptons to be with family, while Camille and Taylor remain in the city.
- E4 – The Virgin Talk – Taylor chooses between Cole and Sebastia. Later, Camille invites friends over for dinner and the drama begins.
- E5 – The Overachievers –
- E6 – Guests of Guests –
- E7 – Ivy League of Their Own –
- E8 – Charitable to a Fault –
Production Company and Executive Producers
The NYC Prep series is produced by Stone & Company Entertainment for Bravo TV. The executive producers are Leonid Rolov and Scott A. Stone.
Critical Response and Awards
The series wasn’t nominated for any awards, nor did it win any. However, it was generally well-received by the viewing audience. However, Bravo still decided to cancel the series after one season due to low viewership.
- Amazon Video viewers give the show the series a rating of 4 out of 5 stars
- The series received 5.2 out of 10 stars on IMDB
- TV.com gives the show a rating of 7.3 out of 10 stars
- 76% of Google Users indicate they like the show
- MetaCritic gives the show a rating of 42 out of 100
Facts and Trivia
Following is a list of little-known facts and trivia about the show and its cast members.
- Peter Cary Peterson’s grandfather is Peter George Peterson, the former United States Secretary of Commerce. Oh, and grandpa was a billionaire.
Questions & Comments
If you have any questions, comments, or feedback about the series, please post a message below.