Southern Charm is an American reality television series that made its first debut on March 3, 2014, on Bravo. The series chronicles the personal and professional lives of seven socialites in Charleston, South Carolina. The series is currently in its fifth season. Given its high ratings, it will likely continue for many more.
The series occasionally highlights the southern culture and political history of the area and has featured local historical places like Lewisfield Plantation and the Mikell House.
List of Southern Charm Cast Members
Following is a list of the primary cast members for the Southern Charm series.
- Austen Kroll
- Cameran Eubanks
- Chelsea Meissner
- Craig Conover
- Jenna King
- Kathryn Calhoun Dennis
- Landon Clements
- Naomie Olindo
- Patricia Altschul (Whitney’s mother)
- Shep Rose
- Thomas Ravenel
- Whitney Sudler-Smith
List of Southern Charm Episodes
The far, the Southern Charm series has been on for five seasons with a total of 60 episodes. Each episode is 42 minutes long, which honestly never seems to be long enough. All of the episodes are available to stream online now via Amazon Video.
The first season of the hit Bravo series had eight episodes. In addition, there was one reunion, and a “secrets revealed” show.
- S1 E1 – Peter Pan ‘Sin’Drome – In the first episode, we’re introduced to the cast.
- S1 E2 – Sh-epic Fail! – First, Thomas continues to search for “the one.” Meanwhile, Shep breaks the bro-code with Craig.
- S1 E3 – In The Cups – Jenna hosts a pool party at her new house.
- S1 E4 – Is She or Isn’t She? – First, everyone wonders if Kathryn is pregnant with Thomas’s baby.
- S1 E5 – White Ties and White Lies – In this episode, the group celebrate Carolina Day with a white tie party. Later, Thomas decides to take a chance and bring Kathryn as his date.
- S1 E6 – The Glass Menagerie is Half Full – Thomas hosts a strange dinner party to impart the most unfriendly advice to his friends.
- S1 E7 – The Third Man – The wild group hunts for wild pigs with the Boykin family (Shep’s parents). Meanwhile, Whitney tells Thomas a secret.
- S1 E8 – One of the Lost Boys Leaves Neverland – Whitney sets up a “stabbin’ cabin,” an apartment near the downtown clubs. Later, the bunch celebrates July 4th.
- Reunion – The cast comes together for their first reunion. Andy Cohen puts each member on the spot with tough questions about their behavior.
- Secrets Revealed
- S2 E1 – Return to Neverland
- S2 E2 – Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner
- S2 E3 – Raising the Roof
- S2 E4 – No Good Deed
- S2 E5 – Shep-Istotle
- S2 E6 – In the Cups
- S2 E7 – Better Late Than Never
- S2 E8 – Unaware in Delaware
- S2 E9 – Jekyll and Snide
- S2 E10 – Election Day
- S2 E11 – Dysfunction Junction
- Miss Domesticated
- Hold Your Horses
- Birds of a Feather…
- Invite-gate (61 min)
- Beast of Bourbon
- Blue Ridge Mountain Blues
- Whit’s End
- Saint And Sinners
- From Here To Paternity
- Words of Wisdom
- Founder’s Brawl
- Reunion Part One
- Reunion Part Two
- While the Kat’s Away…
- Roamin’ Holiday
- Step and Release
- Craig of All Trades, Master of None
- To Liver and Die in Charleston
- Fowl Play
- Sari, Not Sari…
- Guess Who’s Coming to Lunch
- The Hangover
- Boys Gone Wild
- A Tribe Called Key West (75 min)
- Ain’t No Thang Like A Chicken Wing (75 min)
- Reunion Part 1
- Reunion Part 2
- The Break-Up Bunch Part 1
- The Break-Up Bunch Part 2
- Groovy Baby
- All Talk No Action
- Pulp Friction
- Exes On The Half Shell
- Kat’s Got Your Tongue
- Episode 8 – What Da Fuskie – Chelsie and Shep decide to invite the Southern Charm group to take a trip to Hilton Head.
Episode 9 – Hilton Head-ache – In the ninth episode, we’re blessed with a second episode of the bubbling cauldron of exes on Daufuskie Island in Hilton Head, South Carolina. At the end of the previous episode, Ashley (#trashley), Thomas Ravenel’s flavor-of-the-month, was stewing because she didn’t receive an invitation to Thomas’s son’s birthday party. She decides to confront Kathryn, and the sparks start to fly.
Despite her well-timed hair-flipping techniques and petty comments about her access to the children, everyone at the table sides with Kathryn. Instead of giving her the hook, a smashed Thomas watched from afar for far too long. Torn between defending his girlfriend and the mother of his children, he froze like a drunk in the headlights and watched the train wreck unfold.
Episode 10 – Family Ties
Episode 11 – Beer and Trembling – Craig stabs the wall with a butter knife and cuts several tendons in his hand. Craig and Austen drive to Greenville, South Carolina, to sample Austen’s new IPA beer. Naomie and Chelsie walk the dogs on the beach, and Naomie shows off her new footwear. Cameran is home with her new baby, Palmer.
Her mom tries to give her a pep talk and bestow some family heirlooms, but Cameran wasn’t having it. Craig and Kathryn meet for breakfast and discuss Thomas and Ashley. Thomas goes ring shopping. Shep goes bowling with Kathryn. Austen hosts a part to unveil his new beer. Everyone loved the beer, but Victoria is still uncomfortable with Austen’s relationship with Chelsie.
Episode 12 – Gone Girl (43 Minutes, TV14) – Everyone is concerned as Kathryn goes MIA. Austen finally breaks up with Victoria. Ashley visits Patricia for relationship advice but doesn’t like what she hears. Cameran gets out for lunch with Shep and Whitney and makes them both do a shot of breast milk.
Craig gets some hard truth from a law school buddy. Thomas has some family time alone with the kids as he continues to mull over his complicated life. Naomie and Danni do a wellness check on Kathryn. Craig takes up a new hobby, flower arranging, and then gets called to Patricia’s how to review his pillow designs.
After stalling for two months, Patricia puts the kibosh on the project. Naomie arranges some quality time with the girls, Chelsie, Cam, and Danni, with a masseuse and a manicurist at her house. Read the complete recap of episode 12.
The show’s theme song is “It’s Easy.” It was composed by Mia Sable.
Southern Charm is produced by Aaron Rothman, Irad Eyal, Whitney Sudler-Smith (yep, that’s THE Whitney from the show itself), Jason Weinberg, and Bryan Kestner.
Haymaker Productions produces Southern Charm.
The show is filmed primarily on location in Charleston, South Carolina. Cast members occasionally take trips to surrounding cities and states.
Critical Response, Ratings, and Awards
- The series has a rating of just 6.1 out of 10 on IMDB
- 89$ of Google Users indicate they love the show
- Amazon Video viewers give the show a rating of 4 out of 5 stars
Facts and Trivia
Following is a list of little-known facts and trivia about the show and its cast members.
- Thomas Ravenel was formerly the South Carolina State Treasurer
- Craig Conover is not from South Carolina
- The state dog of South Carolina, the “Boykin Spaniel,” is named after Shep’s family, Boykin.
- Landon Clement’s ex-husband, James Maby, was previously married to actress Stacey Dash.
- Kathryn Calhoun Dennis is a descendant of John C. Calhoun, a former U.S. Vice President, and South Carolina senator.
- Patricia Altschul’s late husband, Arthur Altschul, is a descendant of the Lehman Brothers.
Questions and Comments
If you have any questions, comments, or feedback about Southern Charm, please post a message below. For more information, visit the official website of Bravo.