Vanderpump Rules Jax and Brittany Take Kentucky is a reality TV show on the Bravo network. The show is a spinoff from the mega-popular Vanderpump Rules series. Each episode follows Jax Taylor and Brittany Cartwright, who are on vacation to Brittany’s hometown in Kentucky.
During the trip, Jax struggles with all the marriage-related questions from Brittany’s friends and family. Jax does his best to maintain his big-city, celebrity image. Over time, his patience wears thin, and Jax loses his composure.
The couple managed to get their spin-off show before their decline in popularity. The drama surrounding their marriage and how they treat other cast members on Vanderpump Rules hurt their reputation badly.
Production Company and Executive Producers
Evolution Media produced the show. The executive producers are as follows:
- Alex Baskin
- Bill Langworthy
- Brittany Cartwright
- Douglas Ross
- Greg Stewart
- Ken Todd
- Jax Taylor
- Lisa Vanderpump
Following is a list of the primary cast members for the show. Click on the cast member name for more detailed information.
List of Episodes
Vanderpump Rules Jax and Brittany Take Kentucky ran for one season with a total of six episodes. Each episode is 30 minutes long and is available for streaming via Amazon Video.
- Episode 1 – Welcome to Kentucky – First, Jax and Brittany travel from Los Angeles to Kentucky to spend time with Brittany’s family. Next, Jax struggles with adjusting to country life, especially fending off questions about marriage.
- Episode 2 – First Comes Love… – The couple breaks the farm’s golden rule and they suffer the wrath of Mamaw.
- Episode 3 – Let’s Make a Baby – Next, the Vanderpump Rules couple enjoys a night out on the town with Britt’s friends. However, one of her friends confronts Jax.
- Episode 4 – The Gospel According to Jax – Jax attends church with the family and finds things a bit “over the top”. Later, the boys take him on a hunting trip.
- Episode 5 – About Last Night – In the fifth episode, the two go for an ATV ride in the country.
- Episode 6 – Goodbye Kentucky – In the season finale, the family is still suspicious of Jax’s intentions.
Critical Response and Awards
- Amazon viewers give the series 3 out of 5 stars.
- Common Sense Media gives the series 2 out of 5 stars.
We give the show a 2.5 out of 5 stars. The overall show isn’t that strong, but it is supported to a certain degree by Jax’s neurotic behavior.
Facts and Trivia
Following is a list of little-known facts and trivia about the show and its cast members.
- Jax and Brittany managed to score a spot as executive producers on the series, along with Lisa Vanderpump and Ken Todd.
Questions and Comments
If you have any questions, comments or feedback about Vanderpump Rules Jax and Brittany Take Kentucky, please post a message below.